Friday, March 13, 2009

On The Road





(Hal here)

We didn't quite make it to Valdosta last night, however; we did make it to Tifton, about 40 miles shy. On the way down, Brenda and I reflected on our wedding day. Both of us agreed that it was a wonderful and memorable day. The Chalet Mountain Chapel was everything that we wanted it to be. Leilani was sick and couldn't sing, but we had a back up plan. Rascal Flatts...as I waited at the altar with the minister in front of our families. I waited with much anticipation, as Brenda arrived at the front door of the chapel. In what seemed like a few minutes, the doors opened and Brenda walked into the chapel while Joe Cocker sang You Are So Beautiful. Indeed, she was so beautiful. Brenda gave roses to her mom and my mom while coming down the isle, and met me at the altar. Our ceremony was short yet beautiful, we can't wait to see the proofs of our wedding pictures.

We preceded down the mountain to Cherokee Grill, where we had a wonderful private room to share with our families. The Cherokee Grill offered such a comfortable setting in which to enjoy each others company and enjoy a great meal. Brenda and I did not want the day to end. We were truly blessed

We listened to Bluegrass and Old 80's tunes all the way to Tifton GA, on Syrius radio. After a short rest, we are now back on the road, looking for some great outlets. More later...

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you guys. I know you are having the time of your life. I have my map out following you along the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have LOVED reading this! It definitely makes me so jealous of your fun travels! :) I hope you both have a wonderful trip and we can't wait to see you both when you get home. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look like your having soooooo much fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete